Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
All of the people notwithstanding their current situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Be certain that you don’t think that disaster be it manmade or natural is not able to cause harm or danger to you and your property. No one is exempted to experiencing the dangers that disasters can cause. It is vital that you know as many disaster preparedness guides as possible in order to help you survive during the worst case scenario. Now, in the extent of this article, we could not mention all of the disaster preparedness tips. There are just a great deal of tips, on the other hand, we will only be tackling about the more important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be placed together in a lot of means, on the other hand, one of the most vital is to make sure that there is at least one family member of friend who lives far away that all of you can be contacted in case that you lose the communication with each other.
2. Be certain that you know all of the ways for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your community as well as workplace.
3. Make sure that you know how to shut down all of the utilities such as water, electricity and particularly gas.
4. Make certain that you have an emergency survival kit or package in place for every member of your family that has at least enough supplies like medications, blankets, clothing, water, food and etc that could last for at least 72 hours or more.
5. And also, be certain that you have cash on hand since it is most likely that the ATM will not be working or the credit card terminals in case that a number of stores are still open.
6. And this one should be a complete must. Be sure that you take time to learn about CPR techniques as well as first aids. It will definitely be worth it to take some time to learn on how to save the life of another person or yours.
7. Make certain that you have set a reunion area or a meeting area designated for the members of your household or family to gather at.
8. Be sure to know and understand that particular disasters are more susceptible to take place in certain areas and places. Hence, find out what is more likely to take place in your area.
Cite: his explanation